Still can't put down the 870

smorgado

I have been using my old 870 since I turned 12. As a avid waterfowler I've looked at and have almost bought a new semi auto numerous times but just can't pull the trigger on it since my gun still gets it done. who else has an old trusty gun they just can't put down or upgrade from.

I have a Remington 1100 that I bought in 1980 and still use it every year. I has worked flawlessly with every shell I have ever used. Wouldn't trade it for any other shotgun.

Well, my 'old trusty' isn't as old as some, but in 1997 my dad bought me a Beretta AL390 Silver Mallard for my 16th birthday. I have shot ducks, geese, quail, dove, grouse, rabbits, one wild pig, and several years of competitive trap league with it. It has thousands and thousands of rounds through it, with not one single misfire or jam, it cycles like butter, and the stock and fore still look pretty darn good. I don't think I can ever replace it...

I have several shotguns but my favorite is still my first, a Winchester Model 120 12 gauge. I love that gun. It has been there for more than it's fair share of turkey, grouse, rabbit and squirrel harvests!

My first gun was an old Mossberg 20 gauge 3 shot bolt action. I shot a lot of deer with slugs and small game with that gun. I stepped up to a Mossberg 500 12 gauge, and also carried one in Iraq, so the 20 gauge became a safe queen. My dad is a Viet Nam vet who never had an interest in guns or hunting until the last couple of years. I had him shoot that old 20 gauge a couple of years ago when he was out here at my house and he loved it. So, I gave it to him for his birthday last year.

Winchester 1300 12 gauge. It was my first gun, my dad got it for me sometime in the early '90's. Still the most usefull one in my cabinent.

My first shotgun was a Savage Fox double barrel 20 gauge, unfortunately it was stolen back in 1980. I've thought about buying a used one for sentimental reasons, but never have ........... yet.

Another vote for the Beretta 390. Mine is a 1996 model with many thousands of rounds through it. Ducks, geese, pheasants, sharptail, huns, ruffed grouse, WT deer, trap, and sporting clays have fallen to that extension of my arm! Love it!

I never trust a semi-auto shotgun so lean towards pumps. Winchester Model 12, usually, and have been shooting Mod 12's during 6 decades so think I will ride this out.

I've got a stoeger condor I've had for 15 years or so, replaced a mossberg 500 for waterfowl. I shoot it better than anything in the safe, although once a year I try to take out Dad's m12 and a box of bismuth for a day.If the boy goes along I just carry a break 20, that way I just have one type of shells along

My 870 has been dropped in the mud ,rice fields frozen ponds. And it never quit just keeps trucking along never have to worry about if it will eject or not. Plus save money buy only being able to shoot 3 inch. Haha

I have an older wing master that I've never shot. It probably has had few boxes of shells thru it. It's in great condition in my safe! My trusting gun is a 31/2 " BPS. It just keeps shooting!

I am still shooting my Remington 1100 I bought after I got out of the service in 1972. It has treated well all of these years and have no plans of up grading.

Another AL390 here.
THE ITALIAN WONDER.
Will never get rid of it.

Wildfowl agrees

2DB2BB01-4C84-4849-BB64-B1032060D160_zpszfbkbyt2.jpg

Another Beretta fan here. I've got a matte/composite mud gun that I picked up for under $500 new along with a pretty 391 that my dad won from an organization I no longer speak of. The only jams I've had have been from me missing an annual cleaning. Otherwise, I've never had a reason to fear the auto loader.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcat1984
Back