Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Steroids In Food Plots???

Hunterman

I've been watching these hunting shows and been noticing that some of these places (ranches, farms, and leases) hunt over food plots...Now don't get me wrong here...I'm open to ALMOST all types of hunting...

I've heard time and time again how some of these places had bucks of normal antler growth until they started using this type of feed or this other type, and the antlers just went BOOM in size...Ok, here is were this is going to get fun :D

What kind, and how much of these food plot products contain "Steroids"?? I know that the idea of the food plot is to attract and keep deer in the area,,and they say that " We manage for antler growth"...But you can't tell me that with all the "Trophy"size animals than are running around on these places,that steroids are not involed,,and what is it doing to the meat???( I know that John Q. Farmer have been using "Growth hromones" for years, but that another matter for later)...

I see were the almighty dollar comes into play...You never hear or see anyone hunting telling their partner,," Hey Joe,,lets spend 3 months pay to go hunt a spike on this Texas ranch, and we just might see Mr. Big if we're real lucky" That Texas ranch ain't going to be around long...

Are we realy giving nature a helping hand with food plots,, or are we hurting it in the long run???

Hunterman(Tony)

steroids?.....in a food plot?i dont believe it works that way.
however if you supply all the nutrients that a deer needs he can grow to his full potential.....that is what food plots do.

I have also seen this. I think Hunterman is talking about grain feed that is just for antler growth. I mean one year you'll htis spike or two point buck then the nest year you'll see the same buck have like a huge rack. I mean what's with that? It could be just really good genes, but really now some of these huge racked bucks don't have the body size to surpport the antlers at all. Something has to be up. Shouldn't the grain type feed and the rest of the food plot also help with body mass and not just antler growth????????
Quick Draw

steroids would also make the body much bigger, wouldnt it?(not to mention the testicle shrinkage)

steroids cannot grow in plants, bottom line. If someone had that great of antler growth that shows they had excellend genetics in the poorest soil and feed surroundings. When the food plot was made available for the buck it finnally got the perfect diet. This same reason that QDM tells you to shoot doe, to get the total deer numbers down so the deer are not overbrowsing causing malnutrition.
I know it sounds hard to believe but you have to remember that in northern state the deer are typically browsing on twig buds for 5 months!! competition is fierce then and not the rest of the year.

Actually, steroids can be grown in plants, especially if the steriod is of a liquid origin. It is a simple chemical stabilization that has to take place. Simply soak the seeds or whatever in a steroid mixture to moisten them and enhance growth. And then, the steriod will be in the plant. It is wrong however to do that, but it can be done.

OL

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back