Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Steelhead

Ya, but sometimes the forcast are wrong. I don't know if it's true a lot of idaho buddies tell they rely on b run as a prediction. My best year ever was on a year of dismal forecast. I honestly don't know enough about it

Ya, but sometimes the forcast are wrong. I don't know if it's true a lot of idaho buddies tell they rely on b run as a prediction. My best year ever was on a year of dismal forecast. I honestly don't know enough about it
Sure, you can have a great fishing year even on a bad run. That's because downstream retention regulations are usually pretty strict to allow for upstream escapement. In addition, sometimes you end up with really low participation in a down year. Couple that with restrictive regulations and you absolutely can have good fishing on a bad return.

And no, they don't just rely on B run for prediction. A good friend of mine, who is a very good source on this, said it is predicted to be about half of this year's return.

Sure, you can have a great fishing year even on a bad run. That's because downstream retention regulations are usually pretty strict to allow for upstream escapement. In addition, sometimes you end up with really low participation in a down year. Couple that with restrictive regulations and you absolutely can have good fishing on a bad return.

And no, they don't just rely on B run for prediction. A good friend of mine, who is a very good source on this, said it is predicted to be about half of this year's return.
Bummer

IMO the biology and ecology of steelhead will allow them persist long after salmon (except pinks) have blinked out. However, they appear to be the first in a race down to negligible levels. It makes me want to pump the brakes on big game hunting for a few years and go fish the Dean, Skeena, and Situk.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back