Stayed up too late . . . Sovereign Citizen Saga

I was up to late surfing the web and ran across some more sovereign citizen silliness (see links below). We don't get much of that in central MN, but seems like ND, ID, MT, and MI are hot spots. The judge in the bottom link was the picture of calm. I kept watching only to see his seemingly inevitable blowup - which never came.

I find the "logic" spaghetti that these folks spin oddly fascinating and can only hope the Q-crazy stuff from a few years ago (that feels similar at a high level) doesn't add to this growing form of insanity. 350 million people from all walks of life figuring out how to self-govern while existing in a hostile world appears to be more than we can handle these days -- and these bozos are not helping.

While you're down the rabbit hole you should check out Leah Sottile's podcasts.

you're talking about unschooling?
it really is one of the more viable options for the less fortunate.
As apposed to a public education along with additional education from parents and family? That’s just baffling to me.

Seems like a good way to indoctrinate children via parents, and insure self alienation from the society they live in.

As apposed to a public education along with additional education from parents and family? That’s just baffling to me.

Seems like a good way to indoctrinate children via parents, and insure self alienation from the society they live in.
I think parents and teachers need to remember that most teens aren’t listening anyway, and of those that are listening, at least half of those will do the exact opposite of what they are taught.

The most vehement atheists I know had bible thumping parents. The most vehement evangelicals I know had very hedonistic atheist parents.

Seems like a good way to indoctrinate children via parents, and insure self alienation from the society they live in
They/them went up the hill?

I get the stigmatization but find it hypocritical in light of all the shock jock politicizing education has become.

They/them went up the hill?

I get the stigmatization but find it hypocritical in light of all the shock jock politicizing education has become.
They them all you want. When the motivation of education is to teach children what to think versus how to think, then goal is indoctrination not education. And it deserves the same stigma if it happens in classroom or home dining room.

A valuable college degree will outperform a blue collar position except for a few extreme cases (commercial airline pilot).

I'd argue an individual with an aeronautics degree and the associated flight time will outperform an individual trying to boxcar or CFI their time to get to a legacy, or going via the military.

I've got friends that took all three routes. All the same age as myself, early 30's. The military guys are flying desks now debating on staying for 20, or jumping to 121. One friend that was flying backside of the clock freight to build jumped to drones and is overseas half the year. Two other friends that CFI'd their way to 1500, one is left seat at a regional, and the other just started at United.

Meanwhile my wife has been with Delta for 7 years, (right seat 330) and I've got multiple friends from college that have been with legacies for the same amount of time if not longer. Their degrees have been paid for multiple times over already in the earning differences the past 7 years.

They them all you want. When the motivation of education is to teach children what to think versus how to think, then goal is indoctrination not education. And it deserves the same stigma if it happens in classroom or home dining room.
3 mil home they/thems says google...just under 50 mil public.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back