Spring Turkey in Vermont

DaveHawk

I'm heading up there in May. Lot's and lot's of birds. No one really hunts turkeys up there from what the farmer tells us. So I'm thinking this should be a great hunt.

Helps to have a good farm to hunt on. Not a ton of hunting pressure after the first weekend.

Will have to see what the winter does to them, depending on where in the state you're headed.

Good luck!

Take a fly rod along. Some of the best fishing in the country depending on where you are. Can't wait to hear about the hunting.

I hear its some great hunting up there in some places. Hard to beat spring gobbler hunting.

I stopped and counted a huge flock last week on a road about two miles from my home. I counted them twice and averaged 93 birds. Unusual to see that many in one flock even in the winter. It has been an easy winter on turkeys and deer in the Champlain Valley.

All I know is we will be hunting in the North East Kingdom. Week of the 14th of May.

I hunted the NE Kingdom area last Spring. Feel free to PM me for details, it was a vastly different experience for this Colorado guy, but man is that some beautiful country up there (and lots of Turkeys, Brookies, Bears, a stealth steelhead run and several world class breweries).

I hunted the NE Kingdom area last Spring. Feel free to PM me for details, it was a vastly different experience for this Colorado guy, but man is that some beautiful country up there (and lots of Turkeys, Brookies, Bears, a stealth steelhead run and several world class breweries).
Last spring I had a 400+pound black walk up on me at 35 years. He looked my way and walk off.
Sounds like a good week to come.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back