Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Spotting scope

dcamp

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a new spotting scope. I went to a sporting goods store and looked at the Vortex Razor HD. Does anyone have this model and are they happy with it. I want to be able to put it into a pack and hike with it. I would like to purchase one for $500-$600 range and wanted to see what everyone thought. thanks for the help.

In that price range I would consider looking at something used to get quality optics. If this is to be used at long range, cheaper scopes will get blurry at higher magnifications.

What is your magnification preference? I have the vortex viper 15-45x65 and am satisfied with it however I wish I had got the compact razor HD instead for my solo backpacking trips I do during archery season. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Keep your eyes open on forums like this, I recently bought the Razor HD 11-33x50 for under 550, shipped and still in new packaging.

I have a Leupold 15x30x50 compact that I like. It is small enough that I keep it in my pack all the time. I've had larger scopes that eventually go left behind because I got tired of lugging them around.

The Razor HD 11-33X50 is a great spotter at 25 oz. & goes for 585.00 - It's clarity & brightness is hard to be for a small unit, I use one too & am surprised at its very clear picture.

ElkNut1

I second the leupold 15-30x50. I have been using mine for the last five years and am pretty happy with it for the price. Picked mine up for $300 on ebay.

i have the 11-33 razor and LOVE it! 25oz's and crystal clear. at first i worried about light draw but not a problem at all. as a backpacking spotter i think its pretty hard to beat, i looked thru the leupold and didnt think much of it. there are times i wish i had more zoom but there is no way to gain that without adding weight. i also enjoy it as a truck window spotter, due to size and weight.

C

I had the 65 mm Viper and ended up selling it to get the 65 mm Razor. The Razor is a great spotter and the clarity is awesome in all light conditions. I wish I had went with the Razor the first time.

Hi guys. Thank you for your input. I really appreciate it.
this is a big help.

I've got a leupold Kenai 20-60x80 straight spotter that I'd be willing to part with since I don't think I'm going to need it anymore.

I have the Razor 15-45 x 65 and really like quality to the optics for the money, found new for $900 couple years ago. Friend has a Leica 20-60 x 80 I believe and it is hands down a better scope, but since I don't live out west and only use occasionally, I couldn't justify the cost.

Back