spotters for around 1000

wheels

im looking to get a spotter for hunting and range just looking for suggestions thanks

Backpacking or truck hunting? Weight and size of spotter will drive your objective size selection

if youre real patient and keep a close eye on ebay you can get Nikon ED spotters for about half that price

Nikon fieldscope ED82, Nikon Fieldscope ED III (60mm), or Nikon ED50. Older versions, not the monarch....be on lookout for fixed eyepieces as they're better than the zoom lenses. Eyepieces are interchangeable between the bodies. Extremely good glass thats well reviewed by hunters and birders alike.

For the Fieldscope ED 82 and ED III the models you want have a thin red ring near the objective lens and extendable eyeshade....they're the fully waterproof versions and the ones you're after.

As far as I know all of the ED50 are fully waterproof

Just my .02, you'll get lots of opinions and there's lots of good options w that budget.

Happy hunting!

A lot will depend on how important things like physical size, max magnification, etc. are in the final decision. I've been very impressed with my Maven binos, but I've never touched one of their spotters. They do have a demo program and a very compact spotter in your price range, but not very high on max magnification. I used Maven's demo program when I bought my B.5 binos. My experience with @schmalts (Predator Optics) here on the forum has been positive, might be good to send him a message and ask his opinion & price.

I recommend skipping this price point for spotters. Most will go through 2 mid grade spotters, losing $ through the upgrade process. When they could have saved longer and bought a used Swaro for $1600.

Ive got an Athlon Ares 15x45x65 and have been extremely happy with it. I feel like it's a great compromise in the "under 1K price range". Small enough, powerful enough that it can be used for both the range and most hunt conditions. I think you can pick em up for 5-600 most places. Not sure if Schmalts sells them via this forum???? he seems to be the trusted source on this forum for glass.

Ive got an Athlon Ares 15x45x65 and have been extremely happy with it. I feel like it's a great compromise in the "under 1K price range". Small enough, powerful enough that it can be used for both the range and most hunt conditions. I think you can pick em up for 5-600 most places. Not sure if Schmalts sells them via this forum???? he seems to be the trusted source on this forum for glass.
I do. And less than your price quoted

1k is really the no mans land for spotters. Maybe a Meopta Meopro 80. I’d save up to get to $14-1600 and keep my eyes peeled for a used spotter.
Highly agree. The 1000.00 area is just in the middle of what a guy would notice in seeing any image quality jump. Spend 400 less, or spend at least 400 more.

Good advice here so far.

Look used. Don't compromise on glass quality. Give up reach for better glass. try to find a friends to borrow and sit behind it a couple hours. If it's lower quality, you'll see drawbacks and if higher end, the benefits.

i have another question open country what could i get away with for objective

I’ve spent time around a lot of different spotters in my time guiding and hunting. Vortex, Leupold, Swaro, etc. there are many out there that will get it done at and around that price point, but if I were you I’d go with an Athlon Ares 15-45x65. Extremely packable, sturdy, boast an unconditional warranty, and have amazing glass for the money. I’ve ran one the last few years and it’s curved my appetite for the 2nd mortgage glass on the market. It will do what you need and more all while saving you money and room in the pack.

Back