PEAX Equipment

Spotter for goat hunt

CWeeks

I can borrow my friends big spotter, but it looks like I'll be backpacking in several miles and wondered if the Nikon Fieldscope 10x30 50 ED would work on a Montana mountain goat hunt. Any thoughts?

It worked for us in New Mexico last year. After spotting a " bull elk" we threw up the Fieldscope to determine it was a really big muley buck.

It worked for us in New Mexico last year. After spotting a " bull elk" we threw up the Fieldscope to determine it was a really big muley buck.

There is no "we" or "us" in spotting a bull elk only to find out it was a buck.:) It was opening day and fowladdict had buck fever. Too bad he was out of the unit. That was a dandy buck for sure and he would have been all yours....except I might have told you it was a bull only to drop it for myself :D

I would think it would work fine.....here's a picture of minein use in Montana this spring. Saw plenty of sheep, but no goats.

MTbearhunt2010053.jpg

I would think so. I used mine on a sheep hunt with no problems but I was looking for mature animals - not counting rings. Someone in the know may want to comment on whether it's hard to judge length from a distance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back