Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Spotter and bino

I have Vortex 10x42 binos and I picked up a Leupold 15-30x50 spotter this fall. I picked up quick change tripod mounts for each so I can switch back and forth easily when I'm glassing. The system worked great, and the addition of the spotting scope definitely saved me some hiking miles when the binos weren't quite powerful enough to pick up antlers on far-off deer. The 11-33 Razor was on my list, but I found a solid deal on the Leupold so I went with that one instead...

I always carry the most optics I can, A Swaro ATX95 in my pack. Yeah it's heavy but when you need it, you can actually see what you want to see. Spotters are, in general, terrible in low light so i want the biggest objective I can get, even on the lowest power setting. I always have 12x50 El's around my neck as well.

MinnesotaHunter's advice is sound if you're serious about using glass to hunt instead of blind wandering. Use the cash to get a real good binocular and save for a quality spotter. Once you buy nice glass, you will be cursed, and cheaper spotters are where you will notice the largest difference!

That being said, the compact razor is pretty clear all things considered and real easy to pack around. I have one. Since it's vortex, expect to use the warranty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back