Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Sportsmens Rally

Tom Judge

Hello all,

I'm sure many of you are aware that Governor Kempthorne has appointed a new Commissioner in Region 6. As with all of his appointments, we were ignored. The frustration level in our ranks has been pushed about as far as possible on this issue.

Last week several of us gathered to discuss what should be done to get the attention of our elected leaders. We chose to draft a letter to the Governor, and provide him an opportunity to respond. The letter is also a call for all concerned Sportsmen to be on the Capitol steps August 9th at 2:00 PM.

Today we delivered the letter to his office. To my absolute shock and amazement he responded. I wonder if Channel 6 filming the delivery had anything to do with that?

Anyway- Our point in the letter (and for the rally) is to protest the process. Sportsmen put 1.7 billion dollars into the Idaho economy, and fund Fish and Game on our own. We want our Commission back. We want to and WILL BE heard.

Anyone interested in helping out drop me a line. My number is (208) 658-7256, e-mail is [email protected]

Remember - Capitol steps on August 9th, 2:00 PM, be there to be heard.

Thanks, Tom

A similar thing worked in UT about 5 yrs ago. Now there has to be something like a 75% majority for hunting related issues to get a vote, or something like that.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jordanhronek
Back