Caribou Gear Tarp

Sportsman's Roundtable meeting, Feb. 9, Meeker

Oak

Expert
Sorry for the short notice. Tomorrow!

MEEKER, Colo. - Hunters and anglers interested in expressing their views and opinions about a variety of wildlife related issues will have an opportunity at the next Northwest Region Sportsmen's Roundtable Caucus, Feb. 9 in Meeker.

The caucus will begin at 6 p.m. at the White River Electric Association Building, 233 6th Street.

Elected and appointed representatives on the Roundtable will gather feedback and relay it to CPW leadership at the Statewide Sportsmen's Roundtable meeting scheduled for mid-March.

"There are several pressing issues that directly impact our sportsmen on the table," said NW Regional Manager Ron Velarde. "From winter conditions, mule deer numbers and predator management to CPW's financial sustainability, this is where sportsmen can come listen, learn and give their input."

Velarde adds the meeting is open to all members of the public but is focused on listening to sportsmen and women.

"Hunters and anglers understand how important our wildlife is, not only to them but the entire state as well," he said. "Big decisions are coming and it is critical for them to have their voices heard as an organized group, and this meeting is one place they can do that."

The Roundtable consists of four appointed members and two elected members from each region. Twice each year, the Statewide Roundtable meets with the CPW Director and other members of CPW's leadership for detailed discussions about a variety of wildlife management challenges.

Who: Sportsmen's Roundtable Caucus

What: Regular caucus meeting

When: Thursday, Feb. 9, 6 p.m.

Where: White River Electric Association Building, 233 6th Street, Meeker

Thanks for the heads up, no way I will be able to get to Meeker tomorrow, unfortunately.

Some feedback though, I was thrilled to see them finally put the limited bookcliffs/mesa bear tags on list B. Those populations are getting higher every year and the additional hunting opportunity should help a little with harvest objectives.

Thanks for your representation on the roundtable!

Mark

I'd like to but I'll be back in SD hopefully spearing some pike. Enjoy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back