Yeti GOBOX Collection

SportDog 825x

I have a 1225 I use for training. Good unit. The only complaint I have is it’s difficult to get the plug back into the charging port on the handheld. Easy to use. Over time the numbers wear off the rheostat dial.

I have a hound hunter 3225 with a four collars that has seen some use. It very similar to the 825x......simple, easy to use and dependable units.

I have hand full of their newest rechargeable bark collar and about a dozen of the SBC 6. I think sportdog makes a solid product, for the most part they are simple and intuative.

I use one and it’s been ok. If I could do it over again I’d probably spend a little more money on a better unit

Much like tents over estimating occupancy (2 man tent, yeah, right!) cut the distance advertised for
e-collars in half.

I‘be liked my Sportdog collars.

Thanks for the feed back guys. I have a 15 month old lab. He's 80 lbs of psychotic a-hole. I bought the 825x thinking it a be a bit better than my unreliable Amazon Prime $30 dollar special. I got the damn think cranked up to the max setting, it barely phases him. I think it might go back to sportsmans warehouse today.

Thanks for the feed back guys. I have a 15 month old lab. He's 80 lbs of psychotic a-hole. I bought the 825x thinking it a be a bit better than my unreliable Amazon Prime $30 dollar special. I got the damn think cranked up to the max setting, it barely phases him. I think it might go back to sportsmans warehouse today.
Does it have the three range setting? Mine does, and it came on the lowest range.

Make sure it's on tight enough as well. The contacts need to touch skin.

I've got the sportdog & a knuckleheaded lab. It works.
Ok good to know. I know its making contact with him becuase I am getting recognition that he feels it. It's just not enough to get his attention. Do you have the longer contacts in? I might try that, but I figured it was for long haired dogs.

It has 2. I have it on the higher one, all the way up.
Then I would check to make sure you are getting good contact. On the highest setting there should be smoke coming out his ears. Use the longer prongs. You should only be able to slip about one finger inside the collar. Any more and it's too loose.

Ok good to know. I know its making contact with him becuase I am getting recognition that he feels it. It's just not enough to get his attention. Do you have the longer contacts in? I might try that, but I figured it was for long haired dogs.

I'd switched to the longer contacts & double check the tightness. @JLS is right, he should be bucking like a yellow jacket whacked him on that setting.

I have one. Yes, they need to be on tight! I keep mine on level 2 and it's enough to get the dogs attention. If they yelp, dial it back. My guess is, it's not on tight enough.

I have the 825x, works great on my lab. As mentioned, if it’s set up right, that top setting will HURT. My dog is pretty sensitive so I keep it on 1 for almost all corrections.

If the collar is on properly and the dog isnt responding the must me on the lowest setting.
I keep the collars on the number 2 setting and it will stop the most stubborn hound. I cant imagine what the number three setting is good for.

Anything made by Radio Systems Corporation is the Tasco/Bushnell equivalent of dog stuff, some guys use them and find success. If you are looking for a long term product you should probably keep on researching.

Back