Speed Kills

That's cool. We nagged them for years about testing with SMKs rather than hunting bullets. Finally switched to Barnes, but Montana bullets for Montana rifles is even better.

Thanks for checking.
I agree. That's why I ordered a Lilja barrel. Montana made. The Hammer team just took 34 animals in Africa. Should be a write up on their site soon. mtmuley

Looking forward to the safari post.

257 STW Kirby Allen built for me on a Sako V with a Lilja barrel recently took a badger at 530 yards. With a 6x Weaver. It now has a VX5HD 3.5-15x44 from @schmalts. Should be a great antelope rifle. And coyotes beware.

Looking forward to the safari post.

257 STW Kirby Allen built for me on a Sako V with a Lilja barrel recently took a badger at 530 yards. With a 6x Weaver. It now has a VX5HD 3.5-15x44 from @schmalts. Should be a great antelope rifle. And coyotes beware.
I've had the privilege of meeting Kirby and shooting some of his rifles. It was a great experience. mtmuley

99gr .264 HHs showed up at my house this morning, it'll be nice to see what they do out of my 6.5 grendel. 100gr ballistic tips flew better than 120s, which was remarkably accurate. I'm hoping staying with a lighter, faster bullet continues that trend

99gr .264 HHs showed up at my house this morning, it'll be nice to see what they do out of my 6.5 grendel. 100gr ballistic tips flew better than 120s, which was remarkably accurate. I'm hoping staying with a lighter, faster bullet continues that trend
Be interested in what speed you're getting

I agree. That's why I ordered a Lilja barrel. Montana made. The Hammer team just took 34 animals in Africa. Should be a write up on their site soon. mtmuley
Any update on the 199 HH tossing 1:8 twist RUM? I briefly tried to find a write up on Hammertime but couldn’t really find anything yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back