Caribou Gear

Speed Goat Hunting Montana 318

MarkHerzog

Hello guys,
I drew an antelope tag in Montana for region 318 in this 2016 hunting season. I've never hunted pronghorns and I was wondering what I would encounter in region 318. If anyone has any advice, experience, or recommendations for hunting 318 please share greatly appreciated. Also looking to buy an be your own decoy.

I don't know the goat numbers so I'd point you to the local biologist with FWP out of the Dillon office.

Are you familiar with the Big Hole? A lot of private land so you might want to take a drive down there to scout and knock on some doors since you have 2 months before rifle season.

Unless you're going to archery hunt I'd suggest not bothering with a Be the Decoy unless you feel like getting shot.

Thanks Mthuntr my family owns a cabin on the scenic byway. so I am pretty framiliar with the area for fishing and hunting, although nobody in my family has ever hunted goats in this region. I looked at the maps and down by Clark canyon and bannack There's decent access. I also heard that the ranches by wisdom and Jackson usually allow access. I'll give the biologist a call and thanks for your tips

Yup Bannack and Clark Canyon are probably better habitat too. Several BLM and State roads across them so that is where a lot of others will hunt but if you can find where they want to hang out you'll do well.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back