Caribou Gear

Speed Goat Hunting Montana 318

MarkHerzog

Hello guys,
I drew an antelope tag in Montana for region 318 in this 2016 hunting season. I've never hunted pronghorns and I was wondering what I would encounter in region 318. If anyone has any advice, experience, or recommendations for hunting 318 please share greatly appreciated. Also looking to buy an be your own decoy.

I don't know the goat numbers so I'd point you to the local biologist with FWP out of the Dillon office.

Are you familiar with the Big Hole? A lot of private land so you might want to take a drive down there to scout and knock on some doors since you have 2 months before rifle season.

Unless you're going to archery hunt I'd suggest not bothering with a Be the Decoy unless you feel like getting shot.

Thanks Mthuntr my family owns a cabin on the scenic byway. so I am pretty framiliar with the area for fishing and hunting, although nobody in my family has ever hunted goats in this region. I looked at the maps and down by Clark canyon and bannack There's decent access. I also heard that the ranches by wisdom and Jackson usually allow access. I'll give the biologist a call and thanks for your tips

Yup Bannack and Clark Canyon are probably better habitat too. Several BLM and State roads across them so that is where a lot of others will hunt but if you can find where they want to hang out you'll do well.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back