Southwest Montana Snow Report

JKB

Compared to the last two springs how much snow is there around West Yellowstone. Two years ago this part of Montana got pounded and we hit it just right for bears. Last year we were about two weeks too late it seemed, more green up back in the trees, made it harder hunting. Just trying to plan this years trip and wanted to know how much snow you guys from up that way have seen compared to the last two seasons

Thanks

I'm not in southwest Montana, but I'm just over the hill on the Idaho side. We've had a very week snow year on the Idaho side, and from my experience we typically see more snow than Montana does on the other side of the CD. What snow we do have is sticking around but it could leave really fast if we just had a couple nights it didn't freeze or some rain.

It's below average snowpack. However, expect a big snow in April, May, or even June that shuts down action temporaily. It happens every year.

snowaterpt03_10.jpg

What the hell are they reporting in the Bears Paws? One is extremely above, the other is near avg...the other mcuh below??

Man... LOTS of yellow and orange..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jordanhronek
Back