SOUTHWEST DESERT UTAH

treedagain

Looks like I will have a tag for the early hunt this year. I have a general knowledge of the area, but I would welcome any info I can get.

Looks like I will have a tag for the early hunt this year. I have a general knowledge of the area, but I would welcome any info I can get.
Look for old burns. They hold elk. Border of Nevada gets pretty pressured. But holds elk. Get out and cover ground. Good luck

Stick to the burns, be there right at first light since as soon as the sun comes up the bulls be line for the tree line. Sometimes by the time the sun is coming up they will already be on there way to the trees. I’d say most of the biggest bulls hang around the Nevada border side of the unit. If you put in the work you could definitely get a 350” bull, even bigger is possible too. Goodluck on your hunt!

It should be interesting, kind of hard to beat a rut hunt. Now I just need to pray for rain, they sure need it down there.

I know the unit pretty well. I'll pm you when I get a bit more time later today. What are your season dates?

Back