Caribou Gear Tarp

South Dakota Application

Dwreckers

Looking to burn my 4 points for SD West River buck this year since MT decided to not give me a tag. Looking at units 27a, 27b, 35a, 35c and 53a.

When I am online looking up draw statistics I can see the codes for the unit but not exactly sure what it’s fully referring to. For reference in the picture it shows multiple codes for 27a/b and I’m trying to figure out which code applies for what specifically and Am I just missing something online for codes? Any help is appreciated! I

Attachments

• 40A27367-0095-4398-8BE3-55AB626590BD.jpeg
    40A27367-0095-4398-8BE3-55AB626590BD.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 3
27 are smaller units. If you have those points and want to burn them, id look into the 35s. Great country up there. Be warned, the did get EHD last year.
Sucks cuz I’d definitely like a whitetail as I’ve never shot one. Might just have to hope for a Any deer tag. Never hunted country that looks that flat either!

I spent time in that area last year. I'd wait before going back.

Wait, wasn't the deer app deadline moved to April this year for the tag draw portion?
It Looks like June 19th for online applications for the first draw that I saw on the website. West river “special” deer has already passed

When do they start accepting applications? I can't find that anywhere.

When do they start accepting applications? I can't find that anywhere.
Likewise, when does the application period start? I think I saw the deadline around June 11, but I could be wrong with that date??? Thanks, TheGrayRider.

I’be seen that. Just wondering if the ehd was bad there last year
I had a friend that lived out there and one year he called and said the EHD was very bad and that I might want to skip that year. I ignored his advice and had a great hunt.

I am in 35A and the EHD die out in my area was quite different depending on location.

On the river it was pretty bad but at the same time on our place there were almost too many white tail.. The river area still took a hell of a hit.

On our land that is not on the river and had fresh water from livestock water tanks we hardly lost anything.

In the right area of the unit the white tail hunting is still going to be pretty good. I personally would stay away from the river for a couple of years.

The mule deer and antelope are doing quite well.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back