Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Sons first bull

Ellspert

Well after a successful archery hunt with my son earlier this year it was now his turn to try and harvest his first bull. On our second day out we cut a single fresh track heading down the ridge. We figured this bull bedded for the day and we had hopes he would step out before dark. We got to the opposite side of the coulee to make our plan and do some glassing. Wasn’t long before one of the guys in the group spotted him bedded in the timber. A plan was made, kept the wind right and moved into position. We got to 275 yards and got ready. The bull heard us and started to move out. At 300 yards he stopped to a cow call and my son hit him behind the shoulder. This bull had netting, fencing and a stick wound up in his horns. Definitely pretty cool and my son couldn’t have been happier. Feel pretty blessed to be able to harvest 2 beautiful animals this year with my boy being by my side.C6617F87-6D26-4274-9C6E-5AE900D25E03.jpeg

Attachments

• 4A06D9E3-80AB-4961-9FF3-7E5231F9C86D.jpeg
    4A06D9E3-80AB-4961-9FF3-7E5231F9C86D.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 142
  • B6D5812E-5805-4B76-A814-A3E84CCFDAC6.jpeg
    B6D5812E-5805-4B76-A814-A3E84CCFDAC6.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 142
Outstanding, would seem appropriate to leave the trash on the horns when they go on the wall! Well done Kid.

Well after a successful archery hunt with my son earlier this year it was now his turn to try and harvest his first bull. On our second day out we cut a single fresh track heading down the ridge. We figured this bull bedded for the day and we had hopes he would step out before dark. We got to the opposite side of the coulee to make our plan and do some glassing. Wasn’t long before one of the guys in the group spotted him bedded in the timber. A plan was made, kept the wind right and moved into position. We got to 275 yards and got ready. The bull heard us and started to move out. At 300 yards he stopped to a cow call and my son hit him behind the shoulder. This bull had netting, fencing and a stick wound up in his horns. Definitely pretty cool and my son couldn’t have been happier. Feel pretty blessed to be able to harvest 2 beautiful animals this year with my boy being by my side.View attachment 252244
Great job. That’s a nice bull

I bet the bull was ready to drop those antlers.
Great memories for both of you along with great bulls. Congratulations

Great bulls. Congrats..

am I the only one that’s disgusted about the garbage this elk is living with? The netting in front of his eyes and metal wire tangled in the antlers? We did that to him, however we look at it….. poor dude 😞

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back