Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Son's 2021 buck

That's awesome, my oldest is 6 and has been on a few hunts with me already. I can't wait until I get to watch him pull the trigger.

Hello HT'ers, just wanted to share my son's buck. We decided to hunt above my house as we were seeing a good amount of deer moving down the mountain. While there weren't as many people in the area as in the past, it was still pretty busy. As a father, I was a little disappointed with the treatment of our local wildlife. We watched a group, twice, shoot at a buck and never leave their 4wheelers to check if they hit it. People were parked on the road shooting 5-600 yards at deer heading down the mountain- where one could EASILY cut the distance in half and not be seen. Maybe I'm overly cautious or have unrealistic values in todays hunting world, but I want to teach my kid to spot game, stalk game, and make a high percentage shot. If, in the future, he practices enough and is super confident with long shots, it might be ok. But until he's on his own, it's my way. So I was super proud of him spotting a buck at 750 yards, checking the spotter to see if he liked it, cutting the distance to 170 yards, and harvesting his 3rd buck. View attachment 201342View attachment 201343
wow what a beautiful one you got there

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back