Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Someone missed the point of public land

Agree that the homemade signs are stupid, but I do see the persons point. A lot of these gated off logging roads lead to a great deal of country and it is more than a little frustrating when someone else builds a little mini city at the gate with the belief that the trail is now his and his alone. Similar to me setting up my wall tent in the trailhead turnaround. There are usually plenty of places to camp in the NF that do not impose on other users.

Agree that the homemade signs are stupid, but I do see the persons point. A lot of these gated off logging roads lead to a great deal of country and it is more than a little frustrating when someone else builds a little mini city at the gate with the belief that the trail is now his and his alone. Similar to me setting up my wall tent in the trailhead turnaround. There are usually plenty of places to camp in the NF that do not impose on other users.
You're not wrong but walking by those camps 30 minutes before they're ready is also quite satisfying...the shear look of panic in their eyes as they throw stuff in their packs.

My guess as well. People love to camp right on top of a gate to basically block off access to anyone else. I visited a camp a few years ago that had five or six camp trailers in front of a gate; they claimed they weren’t blocking use and someone was free to walk through their camp to access behind them. Fully true but is it a reasonable expectation that someone would be comfortable doing so?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back