Some good Whitey Trail Cam pics...

iminrut

One of my first spots I ever gained access to bowhunt back home, was this nice little alfalfa field surrounded with good stands of cottonwoods and oaks.....

Well I always saw deer at this spot, but nothing ever really exceptional, so I quit hunting it for 3 or 4 years.......well while shed hunting this last spring, I never found any good sheds, but I found a big old rub on a tree about 16" in diameter.....a monster of a rub........so I decided that when I got some cameras bought back up, I would set one or two out.........man, am i glad I did.

In the first week, I had 234 images.......and out of that I was able to wittle it down to about 10 excellent pics........here's the best of the best so far..........I guess I know now where i will be spending alot of time come Sept. 1st :)

8-04-06_GM_087.jpg

8-04-06_GM_095.jpg

8-04-06_GM_114.jpg

OH Yea...don't pay attention to the date stamp....I never can remember to set the dumb things.....LOL

Those are some healthy looking whitetails. Looks like you've been getting plenty of moisture. Like your vantage point.

Nice pics. I really like the palmation the buck in the second picture has on his left side. Too bad his right side doesn't match, but still a good deer.

noharleyyet said:
Those are some healthy looking whitetails. Looks like you've been getting plenty of moisture. Like your vantage point.

Actually we have had little to no moisture since the middle of June.....in fact June 14th was the last time I mowed my lawn.....everything is burning up. This little honey hole does sit a little lower so i think it may have benifitted some form early morning dew, etc......the oats crop you see is only about mid-shin high to knee high......and pretty spotty in areas......but the deer sure have been hitting it........

The spot this camera is set up in is an inside corner that follows a nice funnel of scrub trees......the deer really like to travel along it.:)

TheTone said:
Nice pics. I really like the palmation the buck in the second picture has on his left side. Too bad his right side doesn't match, but still a good deer.

Exactly what i was thinking......I sure do wish his right side was as strong as his left.........I'm hoping to get some different angles of him to get a better idea of what his right side looks like........but I'm thinking if I get a chance to hang a bowtag on one, it would be the big eight....

There's supposed to be a double drop tine buck in this area too......if so, I'm hoping to catch him on film....it may change my thinking around some, LOL

Early season while they are still in there summer feeding patterns, they do stay pretty close to home......but during the rut, they can range 10 or more miles in search fo does....I will be trying to fill early;)

looks like you got a good chance at getting one that will make P&Y.Good luck and keep us posted on how the hunting is going.

I couldn't resist it....actually it was driving me nuts....it was a hot one today, so I went down to that field where I recently put two cameras in and posted those pics from........I just had to set the date/time stamp on them :D , and I grabbed the cards in the meantime as well, even though it has been only 3 days........37 pics.....and here's the best of those, with some familiar faces....and some new ones to boot :)

GM-8-7-06_033.jpg

GM-8-7-06_014.jpg

GM-8-7-06_026.jpg

GM-8-7-06_028.jpg

GM-8-7-06_024.jpg

GM-8-7-06_025.jpg

looks like you'll have to be in your stand early in the day,lots of light in those pictures.Good Luck!

Back