Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Solo guy needs your thoughts?

Really this is a question only you can answer. I’ve done it and will do it again. I take the usual precautions, bring bear spray and even bring a side arm because it just gives me added mental comfort.
As someone else stated, try to avoid high brush areas. The only time I was really nervous last year was while scouting. I was going through a section of brush where I couldn’t see past a few feet all around me, I thought I’d just go through it, but when I started to encounter lots of very large and very fresh bear scat, I just backed out of there and found another way around the area.
Also, just for some perspective, there is probably more risk right now to anyone’s health by venturing into a supermarket, especially without a mask on, yet people do it and probably without a care in the world.
There is also more risk every time you get into a car to go anywhere, yet people accept that and move on.
Bottom line, there is some level of real risk by going into griz country, especially solo. You are either comfortable accepting this risk sufficiently so that it won’t ruin your hunt, or you aren’t.
One last note, MT is a big state and there are plenty of areas not in Region 3 on the gen tag that hold elk and no griz, if you are so concerned just hunt one of those other areas instead.
Good words bowman!
If I were you I would go for it and hunt where you want to. Yes, there is some risk with grizzlies but you have the experience so use that experience to avoid having a bad outcome.
That's the plan, no guts no glory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back