Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Soldier's son needs help.

Casey Richardson

Eveyone,
It has been a while since I stuck my head in and said high. Night shifts, three kids, and two of my own businesses have kinda stretched thin at times. Thought the Moosie crew might be able to help. Just something to condsider. I met a young man named Jesse Voss this spring. He was in 4H with my daughter and we actually purchased some livestock from his parents. He is 14 and his father was deployed to Iraq in April and will not return home until June 08 (other than a short leave sometime during the winter).
I hauled some livestock for his mom and helped fix a fence this weekend and found out Jesse is new to bowhunting and was very excited when he found out I bowhunted. Dad and Mom are very concerned for his safety and has not allowed him to hunt or shoot his bow with others, but knowing I am a policeman and outfitter to boot they have now given the ok to go hunt deer and elk with me.
He brought out his bow and the set up belongs in a museum, I believe Ishi may have hunted with it! All kidding aside, the bow is probably twice as old as he is and it was what was handed down. Mom bought him three arrows because that was all she could afford, he told me they could not afford an elk tag for him($14.oo) so he would only be able to hunt deer. They are saveing money from his father's overseas service so they can set up a used double wide and get out of a trailer home that is in very poor shape. Jesse is doing a great job being the "man of the house" taking care of the animals and is one of those kids that is so very polite he has been a joy to be around, you will never hear him complain.
I had planned on buying my daughter a new bow this year, but two generous individiuals that (Ralph and Vicki Ciancirulo from the Archer's Choice TV show) passed a very special bow onto her. I look at it this way, when good things happen to you, you should try to pass it on. I believe I was at Ralph and Vicki's house on the right night at the right time for Secora (my daughter) to get a wonderful gift, and the reason it happened (in addition to their generosity) is so I can now help pass it along the same way.
I have a couple calls in and I am going to get him a new bow. I have some goodies in the used but good shape hunting closet that can go on the bow. He virtually has no gear to speak of. I am just asking if you all could look in the old archery/hunting closet and see if you have an old release, stabalizer, camo gloves, hat, ANYTHING, etc???? that has not been used recently and is needing a good home, maybe we can get Jesse set up. I have made arraingements to buy him his elk tag and we should be bugleing elk in the next few weeks! Also I will be able to get him a mentoring tag this spring for spring bear hunting in Idaho so he will be able to go on that hunt with Secora and I. Any thoughts or goodies that you might have would be HUGELY appreciated by a very hard working young man.
Happy hunting, Casey Richardson
http://www.lostrivercamps.com/
http://www.gonewildoutdoors.com/
Casey Richardson
17484 Remount Road
Huson, Mt 59846
PS If you are able to send something, could you just write a quick note saying something about the items you sent "hope the _____ works great for you" and of course a return address. Thanks again.

Thank you so much. We have had an unbelievable amount of support. We are actually looking at putting together a non-profit org to help soldier's kids as well as others to be sure they have a chance to get hunting. You can track what we are doing and join the discussion at http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1670262&mpage=1&key=&#1672068 . Happy hunting, Casey

Back