So how'd your Montana opener go?

Big Sky

I put up these three rooster's and obviously put them right down. Three shots=three birds. It doesn't get much better than that. Short-quick evening hunt. How'd the rest of you do?
Pheasant05smallTroy.jpg

Nice shooting Troy. I posted my success on the MT Ditch Parrots Thread. Lots of birds out there. I saw all different sizes and lots of immature late hatch birds. Had to wait for mature roosters to flush.

My dog had two really good flushes on roosters running in circles. I think late season pheasant hunting is going to be fantastic.

Nemont

I saw your post and the photos were great by the way. As you can see I wan't too fussy about waiting for mature birds. I can tell you this much they sure made good table fare yesterday. I forgot to mention I saw around 25-30 turkeys Saturday as BIG toms so I never dropped the hammer on any of them. Was fun to see so many turkeys though.

I chased ducks with my little bro instead of chasing pheasants. The only places I know for pheasants are public and just get hammered. Man do I long for South Dakota sometimes...and then I slap myself beck to reality. :D

Way to go on the birds Troy.

mtmiller if you have the right friends and they take you to the right place you will not long for South Dakota. If you ever decide to get serious about pheasants let me know I'm sure we could work something out. I don't hunt them fanatically, but I don't need to, cause it just tain't that tough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildfan99
Back