Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Snowshoeing

1EA31823-0212-4F5D-B16C-1AF24970A337.jpeg6E1BB3D9-B3BF-4572-BEF2-7B3AA9F53B90.jpeg201B89D3-F3DE-47B3-A326-AB52E0F10DF2.jpegI tried out the new snowshoes on a short hike at my house this morning. I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing before driving somewhere. Here’s a picture of the shoes I got. They probably aren’t any good because they only cost $80. If I really get into it, I could upgrade, but I think these will work for now. No issues, so I think I will venture out this weekend.

View attachment 208842View attachment 208843View attachment 208844I tried out the new snowshoes on a short hike at my house this morning. I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing before driving somewhere. Here’s a picture of the shoes I got. They probably aren’t any good because they only cost $80. If I really get into it, I could upgrade, but I think these will work for now. No issues, so I think I will venture out this weekend.
if you really get into it I recommend something with a heel lift. It's kinda like cheating.
1642090635282.png

www.mgsnowshoes.com

Looking at snowshoes on the internet I found this site and they seem to be a combo of old style and new materials ie: synthetic rope instead of rawhide.
I have a set of 9x30 shoes from Sportsmans and they work good on packed/hard snow, but in softer snow my big old ass sinks like the Titanic hitting an iceberg. Not a pretty sight for sure.
What's everyone's thoughts on the Maine Guide style shoe?
Dan

Late to the party , I own and use from one extreme to the other ( weight wise ) depends where / when the " season " . Tubbs 36" Mountaneers and 30X9 Northern lites BackCountrys !

I worked at Redfeather snowshoes once upon a time! They are some good shoes. Spring snow I can get by with any ski pole, but deep powder I like big baskets on my poles. I did the SAR, ski patrol gig many years ago back home in Colorado. I was not on em much for fun, it was usually a mission, so lots of weight to carry around. As mentioned ,sidehilling sucks but you gotta figure it out! Make sure your boots are centered and the straps are tightened evenly over your boot, ask me how I know! Enjoy what the Creator allows you to experience!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back