Snowies cow elk

Bhoesl

Definitely not looking for anyone’s secret spot or anything. I just moved to Lewistown from the west side of the state this spring. From the searching I’ve done I know most of the elk around the snowies are on private by now, however most of the posts I’ve found have all been from people with the 411 bull permit. With a general tag, is it reasonably possible to find cows on public land around the snowies this time of year?
Thanks for any advice, feel free to PM if you’d rather.

Yes it's reasonable. Bang every BMA possible and don't overlook State and WMA's. You're more likely to find a cow than a bull, so any post talking about bulls...i'd be paying attention to.

Totally disagree with this, in this area , this time of the year . Bulls will be grouped up . Cows will be in a safe place
This is kinda what I was thinking.
Thanks for the input everyone. Just trying to figure out if finding a cow around here this time of year is a waste of time and maybe my time would be better spent on a little longer drive to a different area.
Thanks!

This is kinda what I was thinking.
Thanks for the input everyone. Just trying to figure out if finding a cow around here this time of year is a waste of time and maybe my time would be better spent on a little longer drive to a different area.
Thanks!
Yup
I think so

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back