Snack stick FYI

Impossible without a stuffer, and better not be the cheap manual press style. Even with a geared one it still takes forever and requires so many casings to be loaded

We used a Lem 3/4 HP Big Bite grinder to push it. Great grinder. Poor stuffer. Took hours. Never do that.

I think the reason meat mixers and stuffers seem overpriced is because you're not just paying for the product. You paying to avoid the misery of doing without.

Did 6 doz sheep brats last year in a matter of a couple of hours with Waltons #11 stuffer. Great tool to have. Quality is excellent.

I stuffed 3lb of snack sticks with a jerky gun a couple weeks ago. What a mess. I need to break down and get a stuffer. Just can’t decide which one.

F those guns.
Yeah it’s a bugger making big batches with them guns. I wish someone would make like a 15” long jerky cannon nozzle with a 90 degree elbow at the end. Then you could throw that on a stuffer and just crank out those strips right onto the dehydrator trays working left/right. So much easier and quicker without having to refill the sucker every few minutes.

Yeah it’s a bugger making big batches with them guns. I wish someone would make like a 15” long jerky cannon nozzle with a 90 degree elbow at the end. Then you could throw that on a stuffer and just crank out those strips right onto the dehydrator trays working left/right. So much easier and quicker without having to refill the sucker every few minutes.
This guy is awesome.

Really? I think you guys are making this too difficult or something. I just use a grinder with an attachment on it to make it into sticks. It is quite simple. My young kids help me out and they don't have any problems. We do 10 pound batches, make them into sticks and I pop them into the smoker for about 6 hours. Sticks are put onto trays that I then just put in the smoker.

One tip I can say is DON'T use any casing or collagen. That makes it a pain in the ass. Just one more thing to deal with.

Really? I think you guys are making this too difficult or something. I just use a grinder with an attachment on it to make it into sticks. It is quite simple. My young kids help me out and they don't have any problems. We do 10 pound batches, make them into sticks and I pop them into the smoker for about 6 hours. Sticks are put onto trays that I then just put in the smoker.

One tip I can say is DON'T use any casing or collagen. That makes it a pain in the ass. Just one more thing to deal with.
Well yah I think these guys are all talking about snack sticks with casing.

I just did 60 pounds of snack sticks with a 5 pound manual stuffer. For 10 pounds of meat i add 12 ouces of water. Still gives you a workout. Next one will be at least 10 pounds and electric. They are expensive. They have a 20 pound electic at the farm store and its north of $600.

I have a 7lb. version of this stuffer. I went with Weston because the piston is metal instead of plastic. My last one with the plastic piston started warping and allowing meat to squeeze past inside the cylinder.

Because it’s so much easier. My wife cranks and I handle the casings. We did 27# in less than and hour in a 7# stuffer with 3 different flavors. It’s seriously that much easier.
Compared to a stuffing tube on a grinder? I never had any luck using the grinder as the stuffer.

Compared to a stuffing tube on a grinder? I never had any luck using the grinder as the stuffer.
I’ve never used a grinder. I thought about how miserable it would be and got a 7# stuffer from my wife (myself) as a Christmas present. It’s very simple and smooth. Makes me look forward to it rather than dread it.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back