Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Smallest antelope Award?

POk3s

There’s little doubt to me that if there was a sub category for Pope and Young that awarded the smallest pronghorn antelope ever recorded, I would be dang close to having the title! With that said, it didn’t much matter to me. I’ve killed probably close to 15 antelope by now, and love it so much that I put in for an area I can draw every year.

I had 2.5 days to realistically get this done with stick and string and the unit is across the state for me. At the end of day 2, knowing I had a short day coming up, I chose to put a stalk on this guy and his buddy. I came out successful. So far I’ve enjoyed a meal of steaks, with two more packages to fuel me on my upcoming elk hunt, and enough jerky to last me through September.
7EBEF156-21EB-4F9C-80DC-B139BCD3AD6A.jpeg
here’s a cool screen grab from the video I made of the hunt. B8D4B718-76F1-4913-A475-6F3362A9EF7B.png
Full vid can be found here, is you’re interested. I know on the surface it’s a guy shooting a dinky antelope. But at its core it’s a damn fine adventure if I do say so myself!

Haha! The first few comments made me worried that this thread might take quite the turn! 😂

thank you everybody for all the kind words!

There’s little doubt to me that if there was a sub category for Pope and Young that awarded the smallest pronghorn antelope ever recorded, I would be dang close to having the title! With that said, it didn’t much matter to me. I’ve killed probably close to 15 antelope by now, and love it so much that I put in for an area I can draw every year.

I had 2.5 days to realistically get this done with stick and string and the unit is across the state for me. At the end of day 2, knowing I had a short day coming up, I chose to put a stalk on this guy and his buddy. I came out successful. So far I’ve enjoyed a meal of steaks, with two more packages to fuel me on my upcoming elk hunt, and enough jerky to last me through September.
View attachment 192999
here’s a cool screen grab from the video I made of the hunt. View attachment 193001
Full vid can be found here, is you’re interested. I know on the surface it’s a guy shooting a dinky antelope. But at its core it’s a damn fine adventure if I do say so myself!
Regardless, you got it done

Getting it done with a bow is awesome no matter the size! I couldn't pass up a 100 yard shot on a small buck like that with a rifle just because it was so tempting. Others in my group needed help and I can hunt every year so I shot it. Those small racks still make great euro mounts in my opinion.

My friend shot a fawn antelope that was about the size of a dog. It was in a field by itself so there was no reference to gauge size. Icing on the cake was that he spent fifteen minutes belly crawling to get within range.
I’m guilty of that as well!

You ruined the cape. What a shame, eh? Sound's out in my computer. I'll have to catch the video later. Did you use a decoy? I understand that works well for archery.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back