Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Small game recipes

Rabbit Dumplings! My wife makes it somehow, but it is delicious!

Dove Poppers! Fillet the meat off the bone.
Cream cheese (room temp), bacon, jalapeños (in the jar).

Lay one side of the breast in your hand, add cream cheese, a couple slices of jalapeño, the other side of the breast on top as a stack. Wrap in bacon, held together with a toothpick. Grill until bacon is done, and presto!

Rabbit Dumplings! My wife makes it somehow, but it is delicious!

Dove Poppers! Fillet the meat off the bone.
Cream cheese (room temp), bacon, jalapeños (in the jar).

Lay one side of the breast in your hand, add cream cheese, a couple slices of jalapeño, the other side of the breast on top as a stack. Wrap in bacon, held together with a toothpick. Grill until bacon is done, and presto!

I do dumplings in my stew too in the dutch oven. I just use the Bisquick biscuit recipe and put it on top of the stew liquid and let it cook in the stew.

Last edited:
Yeah stringy. I have eaten a ton of cottontails, but tried snow shoe once and will not kill anymore unless it is for trapping bait for a buddy.

When in elk camp I'd occasionally get a snowshoe, quarter him up and boil 'til the meat is coming off the bone, separate it out and chop it up into a hash, add chopped onion and some hot sauce while stir frying it in some bacon drippings just enough to get the onions clear and the hash warm. Add mushrooms also if so inclined. Making a gravy and simmering the meat in that is optional also.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malaskabound20032000@yaho
Back