Small diameter vs standard arrow dynamic spine

Buckskinbob

Any of you guys notice a difference in dynamic spine between arrows of the same rating, but different diameter?

I have some small diameter rampage 250s that fly like darts cut to about 29 inches with a ton of weight up front.

I was gifted a set of standard diameter heritage 250s and a set of maxima hunter 250s and niether of them will fly any closer than a 45 degree angle knock left with only a 100 grains up front and cut to 27 inches.

It could be a brand thing I guess but I'm wondering if I should expect small diameter arrows to act stiffer than their standard counterparts.

There are dozens of things that could be problem other than shaft stiffness.

Yeah that is pretty frustrating. On the first arrow I shot, the knock went so far left it hit the target flat and snapped in half. I though no way this is a damn 250 spine

It’s my understanding that spine numbering doesn’t correlate manufacturer to manufacturer. 300 spine Black Eagle Rampage may have the same stiffness as DaySix 250 spine (I’m just tossing out names, this is all an example.)

End of the day, go off the specific spine chart for each arrow, not just the number on the side.

It’s my understanding that spine numbering doesn’t correlate manufacturer to manufacturer. 300 spine Black Eagle Rampage may have the same stiffness as DaySix 250 spine (I’m just tossing out names, this is all an example.)

End of the day, go off the specific spine chart for each arrow, not just the number on the side.
I can say that I fully agree now haha

Back