Slydog Antler Calls

Doug

Dic Gipson sent me a few antler calls. The pictures don't do the craftsmanship justice. These are beautiful handmade calls and definitely a step above anything in my calling bag. Thank-you Dic.

fc796290.jpg

fc796255.jpg

fc79615f.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-20-2003 16:46: Message edited by: Doug ]</font>

Doug,
Thank you for the kind words, now lets see if they work, LOL I'm glad you are happy with them. I started makeing my own calls 15 years ago by robin parts from other mass produced calls and building the bodies from antler. It took a long time to learn how to tune them to the antler, they have to flow together to make a flowing tone.

I like a extra Rrrraspy jack and none of the mass produced calls will do that without modifacation. I thought if I have to modify all of them why not just make my own. Now all of my calls are tested before they go out. Every call I build either calls coyotes or it is reworked and tested again. If they don't work they don't go out.

Thanks again Doug

Dic

Doug,

I'm still waiting to see your pic's. whats up, have you no dead coyotes to show for them calls yet? Hope all is well.

Smote the Yote
slydog
wink.gif

Dic,
Those calls sound as good as they look. Unfortunately I bought my wife a new .243 rifle and new camo suit for Xmas, and now I have to admit that I haven't seen her or those purdy calls since the day after those calls arrived. If anybody sees her tell her that me and the kids really miss her and please send that fur check home.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Doug
fcceb7bc.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-31-2003 19:49: Message edited by: Doug ]</font>

Couldn't resist,the pics show slydog has some real talent,and his stories make you want to try it yourself,so I ordered a classic!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-06-2003 18:15: Message edited by: PC Mechanic ]</font>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back