Sleeping pads??

Simply put, get off the ground. I've used an inflatable lounging float, and they suck...too slick! The Coleman air matresses are too heavy for what your wanting, but really nice for the back end of a pickup. I have a Ridgerest and a Thermarest (3/4 length) and would only ever carry the Ridgerest. The Thermarest was free when I purchased my bag several years ago. It too is nice for camping out near the truck, but I wouldn't dare take it on a backpack hunt. I think you will find the Ridgerest will suit you well.

smile.gif
vis

I have a full length thermorest and I highly recommend them. My buddy went the cheap route and he can't get a good nights sleep. Go ahead and pay the premium for a big thick pad that's extra light material.

I can't survive with out my therm a rest, full length for close camping and a 3/4 for packin in , to me a good nights rest is everything, and to cure the slick problem on a sleeping pad, go to one of the Marts and buy some of the cutesy little no slip bathtub decals, they stick on real good and work great and roll up with the pad and no problems, try em h2m

Back