Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Sleeping Bag Thoughts

Totally agree, at some point when I decide I just hate money I’m going to get a Western Mountaineering bag.

I want a Western Mountaineering bag too. I have a Kelty cosmic down 0 degree that works fine, but it is HEAVY.

Totally agree, at some point when I decide I just hate money I’m going to get a Western Mountaineering bag.

I'm in the same boat. Just can't spend the $ though. Hope this Big Agnes 0 degree bag I bought a couple of months ago fits the bill instead because it was a really good deal (to the tune of 1/3 the cost of a Versalite)!

You can have top of the line quality name brand gear and not spend a fortune, if you are willing to buy used. Sometimes "used" items that were never used. I'm a swapmeet bargain hunter and I often find awesome gear for dirt cheap. I'm always upgrading and keeping the best for myself and I even keep loaner gear around. I sell what I don't need on ebay and I know that it goes for a fraction of what it would sell for new. I still make a good profit and my buyer gets a great deal. I currently have a vintage North Face ( brown label Made in USA ) down sleeping bag with great loft in excellent condition, very clean. I will list it with a starting bid of $45 and see where it goes. Often times they sell for the starting bid price. Here's a pic of one that sold not too long ago for $35
s-l1600.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back