Caribou Gear

Size of MR Nice yoke

Kiwi C

Hi there - an as new 2nd hand Mystery Ranch Crew Cab with medium yoke has come up for sale in NZ (shops do not stock them here, so a rare opportunity to buy one without expensive postage/duty/taxes). At my size (5'7"), the MR website recommends the small yoke. It says medium is a good fit for those 5'9" to 6'2".

I'm a reasonably (but not especially) solid build. I'm 41" around the chest with a waist of 35"... although it is winter in NZ - I'm perhaps a tad larger than usual.

What do you reckon? Will this pack fit? It's quite a bit of cash, so I really want something that is going to work (although a refund has been offered if it doesn't fit - so would only cost postage).

I did email Mystery Ranch and got the reply "If you have a muscular build, the Medium yoke should be fine. There are also ways to modify the yoke to fit correctly. Hope this helps."

Sounds ok... but how muscular is muscular? Just not skinny? The part about modifying the yolk sounds more than just adjusting as you see in the fitting videos on the website (or am I wrong?) Does anyone have any experience with this?

Any opinions and advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

I have a Medium yoke and small waist belt. I'm 180lbs, 42" chest, 34" waist, and 5' 11" tall. This setup fits me well. Hope that helps you with your decision.

Also, if you got a good deal on the pack you can always swap out the yoke for a small if the medium is too big. I've seen them for sale used occasionally.

I'm not sure what the difference is between the small and medium yoke, but I'm 5' 8.5" with about a 39" chest and weigh 165'ish. The medium yoke works well for me. I've always been curious to try the small, but haven't felt the need to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back