Sitka Stratus jacket with Fanatic bibs

Moeness

Exploring some options. With the appropriate base layers, would the Stratus jacket paired with the Fanatic bibs be warm enough for stand sits below 25 degrees? The Stratus jacket seems more versatile. I’d like to complete the set with the Fanatic jacket, but that’s dependent on availability right now. Thanks.

F2C27F6C-E084-49F4-923B-9B8508B043AF.jpeg
The pic was taken last January in ND. I think the actual temp was -18 with windchills in the -30’s. I did a couple hr evening sit and my body stayed perfectly warm. I have the Fanatic Jacket and the Incinerator Bibs. I have to unzip the bibs for the walk in or I get way too warm. My brother in law has the Fanatic bibs and they work well for him. I don’t think you can go wrong with either set up. I don’t have any Stratus pieces so I can’t comment on them. Feet and hands were a different story…lol.

Exploring some options. With the appropriate base layers, would the Stratus jacket paired with the Fanatic bibs be warm enough for stand sits below 25 degrees? The Stratus jacket seems more versatile. I’d like to complete the set with the Fanatic jacket, but that’s dependent on availability right now. Thanks.
With a heavy base layer and you not being cold natured, I think you would be good to about 20°, but that would be highly variable depending on the person. For me about 30° is when I swap from Stratus to Fanatic. A puffy vest might get you a few more degrees down also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back