Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Sitka gun sling vs Kifaru gun bearer

I ordered the universal gun bearer top clip ($6) a couple of weeks ago. Once it arrives I’m going to fabricate/sew the bottom cradle and top strap out of the cheapo fall arrest harness that comes in the box with a treestand, and custom fit it to my rifle and pack. I have no problem shelling out $30 for the complete Universal bearer, but it’s an awful lot of material + Velcro, and I think I can make my own that is quieter, lighter, and more likely to keep scoped rifle from rotating 180 degrees in the cradle. From what I’ve read the magic is in kifaru’s clip/buckle. If I had a Kifaru pack I’d probably get the complete gun bearer that is made for it instead of fabricating one.

I ordered the universal gun bearer top clip ($6) a couple of weeks ago. Once it arrives I’m going to fabricate/sew the bottom cradle and top strap out of the cheapo fall arrest harness that comes in the box with a treestand, and custom fit it to my rifle and pack. I have no problem shelling out $30 for the complete Universal bearer, but it’s an awful lot of material + Velcro, and I think I can make my own that is quieter, lighter, and more likely to keep scoped rifle from rotating 180 degrees in the cradle. From what I’ve read the magic is in kifaru’s clip/buckle. If I had a Kifaru pack I’d probably get the complete gun bearer that is made for it instead of fabricating one.

Love it! Utilize those skills and go custom.

ive had both and they both seemed to bug me. i plan to check out the kifaru when my pack is ready. I live by the Kifaru warehouse so that makes it convenient.

the best gadget ive seen as this tab you put on your packpack strap that keeps your normal sling from sliding. I believe my buddy got it off facebook.

ive had both and they both seemed to bug me. i plan to check out the kifaru when my pack is ready. I live by the Kifaru warehouse so that makes it convenient.

the best gadget ive seen as this tab you put on your packpack strap that keeps your normal sling from sliding. I believe my buddy got it off facebook.

This one? I’ve pondered it. $15 for a little bit of plastic.... Anyone have a 3D printer? 😏

Attachments

• 96104CCB-5908-42FF-B495-E27062D01468.png
    96104CCB-5908-42FF-B495-E27062D01468.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 38
Wow, two pages, people in near perfect agreement, you don’t see that every day. Hell its easy to start a fight talking about Danner boots!
Don’t believe I’ve ever seen a gun bearer, but I’m going to look now!

This one? I’ve pondered it. $15 for a little bit of plastic.... Anyone have a 3D printer? 😏

No I believe he is referring to the Frankenstud sling keeper, you can look them up on FB.

AGF-l79_RRm9i-jwLfb1DrHScQD2lz16S2tYmKpbPw=s900-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

I ordered a Kifaru Gun Bearer in March hoping it would arrive early enough for me to wear it during shed hunting season to get used to it. Well, it arrived two weeks ago and the first time I wore it was on my second bear hunting outing. I'm still not 100% used to having my rifle/scope between my arm and body but holy crap does it make a difference... I was able to pack out a massive bear with both hands free and not having to constantly adjust my sling/rifle with a heavy load on my back.

I have used the gunbearer for about 3 seasons and it is SO much better than a standard sling that there is no real comparison in terms of carry, although I have no experience with the Sitka sling. FWIW the Montana Sling is the same in terms of carrying a bow, it is simply a must have for me. Both are absolute game changers.

Anyone have thoughts on the sitka gun sling vs. the kifaru gun bearer? They seem pretty similar. I didn't know Sitka even made one until I was poking around on the internets. I've heard good things about the gun bearer but haven't used either.

Would love to hear any thoughts from people who have owned one or both.

Thanks!
Used the Kifaru gun bearer last year in Montana elk hunting. Worked great and would recommend it. Being able to have your hands free for walking sticks helps!!

I switched from a Mystery Ranch QuickDraw to the Kifaru Gun Bearer this year. Couldn’t be more happy with the Gun Bearer. To get the QuickDraw to stay on my shoulder, I had to crank the chest strap super tight to where it really wasn’t very comfortable. At half the price, I’d recommend the Gun Bearer all day long. I got the wide strap universal one since my pack is not a Kifaru.

Wow, two pages, people in near perfect agreement, you don’t see that every day. Hell its easy to start a fight talking about Danner boots!
When a solid product is produced, no sales garb needed. The Kifaru is a very useful tool for anyone who hunts with a rifle and just doesn't like a sling. I own 3 GB's and love them. It's a great product that works for 90% of hunt packs out there. As with most good products It's the most ordinary and simple that typically make a difference in our every day lives. Every day life for a hunter is typically spent in the field hauling a rifle around.

Love my kifaru gunbearer. This last week was helping a friend find a bull and it also came in extremely handy to carry my spotting scope and tripod in it. Made for quick glassing when binoculars just weren’t enough Xs instead of taking pack off and unstrapping from pack.

I’m going to try one just because it seems to be easier to walk through thick timber and not have your gun barrel catch on every limb

Not only that but this thread has been over a year since originally posted.
Kifaru Gun Bearer.

Anyone used the gun bearer that isn’t brand specific with mystery ranch packs? I just got a new metcalf as a surprise early Christmas gift from my family.

Anyone used the gun bearer that isn’t brand specific with mystery ranch packs? I just got a new metcalf as a surprise early Christmas gift from my family.
I use the universal kifaru gunbearer on an ex3500 and wife uses hers on a mystery ranch

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back