Caribou Gear

Sitka Gear

ARCAT

I have seen it show up in some photos here (big fin for instance) and also seen it int he woods a couple times. I bought a suit last year and used it on one Elkk hunt and deer hunt and it worked great. This year I used it on my backpack middlefork Elk hunt and it was awesome. I had a very small issue with the 90% jacket so I sent it back and found there customer service to be as good as their jacket. I have no financial interest, I was just amazed at how great the service was. They are a good outfit.

Good to hear it's working for you. I've been a bit leary of trying the 90% jacket as I think I may overheat in it when hiking. How's the breathability? Have you tried any of their rainwear? If you're trying to haul an elk out of the Middlefork you're definitely tougher than me!! I thought getting a ram out was bad...

Pointer, you won't overheat in a 90% jacket, espcially one of the new ones. I wear mine way more than I thought I would. The secret, for me anyways, with buying the Sitka stuff is waiting for year end close outs on its. Thats how I've picked up my vest and jacket at about half price. The only gripe I have with their gear is that its made in China.

Thanks for the info! I'll have to give it a look-see again. Due to the price, I've though seriously about just seeing if their Nimbus rain jacket would cover all seasons/uses...

Me and a buddy packed out his raghorn in one trip, (went back for the camping gear), and I got hot as hell but it would not have mattered what we were wearing. I never got hot in some tough hiking witht he jakcet because you can unzip the armpits. I thought this was a gimmick but it really helped vent the jacket. For the Pants I just got the climbing pants, not the 90% pants and they are very tough and not hot at all. I have no experience with the rain gear. Talk about spendy, the raingear is sky high, but I bet its good.

Good deal. I didn't realize the 90% had pitzips, which help a bunch and for me are just about a requirement for rain gear.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back