Single, double or no drop tine?

• Single

Votes: 36 55.4%
  • Double

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • None, ya turd!

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters
I would say a drop as it comes off the main beam and then a kicker as it kicks out from the tine. That is an absolute stud of a deer also! Love seeing them with their necks all swelled up (at least it looks that way in the picture) and rutting!

I would say a drop as it comes off the main beam and then a kicker as it kicks out from the tine. That is an absolute stud of a deer also! Love seeing them with their necks all swelled up (at least it looks that way in the picture) and rutting!

Shot him late November, he was rutting pretty hard.

If it was my buck, it’d be a double
drop tine.

Since it’s your buck and I’m just a guy on the internet, it’s a single drop tine + kicker.

Now you're just showing off - and rightfully so, that's a great buck even if he didn't have the two tines in question! I'd say one of each, dropper & kicker. Also, the more relevant question is, can you get one of your south-of-the-border HT'ers up there hunting? 😉

Only a guy with a room full of bigger bucks doesn't do a full mount on that guy, instead of a euro. 🤔

Who cares what anyone labels those points as ... GREAT buck !! Congrats !!

I would call both those points “kickers”. a drop is a point off the main beam that goes downward in my mind.

I would call both those points “kickers”. a drop is a point off the main beam that goes downward in my mind.
As stated in my post, the first point is off the main beam, between the G2 and G3, with a constant downward angle and drops well below the main beam.

As stated in my post, the first point is off the main beam, between the G2 and G3, with a constant downward angle and drops well below the main beam.
yeah it’s hard to tell from the photo. Definitely an amazing buck regardless, and I have zero reason to say one way or the other, that’s just how I would reference those tines if I saw him in the flesh.

Back