PEAX Equipment

Single Lung Hit

mdcrossbow

scenario
Arrow is in the deer 4-5" penetration and he runs off.
1. how far will the deer go?
2. areas to look for deer after cold night?
3. will deer survive if the hole congeals with arrow still inside on a single lung hit?

I've noticed that arrow hit deer always seem to head towards water... I'd say if it's a single lung, there's a decent chance it could survive. A study done on a military base in WI showed that 85% of deer shot with arrows and not found by the hunter lived until the next season.

I've noticed that arrow hit deer always seem to head towards water... I'd say if it's a single lung, there's a decent chance it could survive. .

not just arrowed, but any deer suffering from an injuriy or disease will typically hang around a water hole.

Xbow, did anyone push the deer after the shot?

No one push it I haven't heard if it was recovered.

I've have single lung hit 5 bucks 3 recovered the next day or later in the day they were shot and and found on high ground where they could watch for intruders, One recovered after gun season and I found him with 3 broad heads in him, my single lung hit and one head i the neck and one in the front shoulder. One big 12 point I searched for the next day and jumpped him and never found or saw him again.

Late season bow kill. 18 deg's and winds gusting to 30, yep it was a great evening. I climbed into my stand about 4 PM and 40 minutes later I see aliens moving through the thickets about 150 yards out.Then I see a big white ribbon or what I thought was a big white ribbon hanging from a tree but then it disappeared and I catch more movement but I thinking good I'll be able to get a nice little doe for my Dad and Mom , I always get them a deer for Christmas. But then I see antlers and I think darn here comes that scrubby 5 point. Then he stopped and I see 2 more little bucks and they stopped to watch a pair of Red Foxes working there way up the creek. As the foxes passed the big male fox barking all the way tring to scare up some dinner for his mate to catch the deer followed them. Two small bucks a 4 and a 6 emerge to my left and out into the yard feeding on the green grass. Then I see him and nice 10 point big white antlers and he was lead by the scrubby 5 and a small 8. They made there way through and I was in luck the wind was in my face plus the male fox laid a piss line down that would act as cover scent also. Then the 10 which turned out to be a 9 point came around. He offered me a shot but there were over hanging limbs at 20 yards, I could have made it through a small hole but talked myself into waiting and he moved on , passed a big Sycamore tree and had a few small scrubs bushes in front of him but I could see the vitals and pushed myself to wait . I keep telling myself one more step and one more step the it was all over he was in the clear, perfect heart shot and he and 4 others bolted but he only went 30 yards. Jumping the creek and up on the bank and then he lost his legs and down he went into 2' of water. Man I had my street shoes on with my boot blankets. I had to get my boots from the truck.

Attachments

• IMGA0024.JPG
    IMGA0024.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMGA0030.JPG
    IMGA0030.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMGA0031.JPG
    IMGA0031.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 89
VERY NICE!!! Looks a bit gaunted up from the rut, but appears to have a pretty good size body on him. Congrats!

he lost all his fat. I didn't find any scars on him from fights. I look for battle wounds to give me indications of what may be in the area.

Very nice buck,the late season ones seem to be a little more special when you get them.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back