Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Signs

Randi

I was just curious as to what you guys think about the signs in the yards ( looters beware, we are home and armed) in the Oregon and Washington wildfire areas, as well as the armed private citizens guarding the roads in and out of some of those areas ?

I guess it beats sitting in the yard with a shotgun across your lap in the smokey conditions.
If you can't shoot em', scare tactics sometimes work ha, ha! 💥

...and the sign said 'long haired freaky people need not apply.'

and the sign said anybody caught trespassing will be shot on sight
So i jumped on the fence and yelled at the house,'Hey, what give you the right?'
to put up a fence to keep me out or to keep mother nature in.
If God was here he'd tell it to your face, man you're some kind of sinner.
Sign, sign, everywhere a sign.....

I think they serve as a warning in case looters who get shot and try to sue homeowners insurance. I had to put 'beware of dogs' and 'no trespassing' signs at the road for just that reason.

Using force to defend life and property = your right
Armed citizens stopping traffic on a public road = criminal action

Am I the only one wondering what it would look like when Armed Citizen #1 driving to his property to defend it from looters is suddenly stopped by Armed Citizen #2 forcefully preventing people from entering an area? I mean, what could go wrong?

QQ

Using force to defend life and property = your right
Armed citizens stopping traffic on a public road = criminal action

Am I the only one wondering what it would look like when Armed Citizen #1 driving to his property to defend it from looters is suddenly stopped by Armed Citizen #2 forcefully preventing people from entering an area? I mean, what could go wrong?

QQ

That was what the police had said in the local paper over the situation that in a rule area you don’t know all of your neighbors and they were worried about people returning to there homes for a second load of supplies during the evacuation and the other armed citizens Make a wrong assumption of the situation and things go south fast And someone is injured or killed in mistaken identities, And the police had attempted to reach out and contact all the different people because there’s no organization on these checkpoints and trying to tell them all to stand down

I guess if people are stupid enough to believe the unsubstantiated rumors and risk burning to death, they get what they deserve. o_O

Law enforcement officials across the state said they had been swamped with calls about social media misinformation and begged people to “STOP. SPREADING. RUMORS!” In the line of fire, the swirl of rumors actually helped goad some people into defying evacuation orders so they could stay and guard their homes.

As a Level 3 evacuation on Thursday urged people to “leave now,” an eerie stillness fell over Molalla, an old timber town of 9,000 an hour south of Portland, and the holdout residents girded themselves for two threats. One was the very real 125,000-acre Riverside Fire burning just east of town. The other was the imagined invasion of left-wing mobs and arsonists that multiple law-enforcement agencies have sought to refute.

To be fair, there have been multiple news stories about people setting fires in western Oregon, including a guy who was arrested in Portland, released, and arrested for the same again within 12 hours. There are nut jobs out there. What is being refuted is that there is some sort of coordinated effort by Antifa to do this on some large scale.

As for looters, we asked the state trooper at the barricade on the road to my brother-in-law's house. In typical understated law enforcement fashion, he said both state and county were patrolling intensively within the closure, and they had "spoken with" a few people. So they are out there, also, but I would guess it's more local methhead types than some Antifa conspiracy.

QQ

All I can tell you is I am sick of the crap. Haven't been able to see across my road for almost a week. One of our friends lost their home. Another friend was forced to evacuate. Less than an hour later his home camera caught the looters breaking in. Many people are going around dressed like someone important telling folks they need to evacuate. Only to rob them. We were level 2 , had to pack up and be ready. Now back down to 1. Only we are staying here and not heading to our property in E. Oregon is to make sure we don't get robbed.

I am all for the signs and for anyone to protect their property. I am not for lethal force to protect any property unless you life is in threat. Then have at it. I am for anyone who rob/loots someone to get an absolute beat down. That's what I am staying home. I have zero tolerance for anyone taking advantage of people at their weakest moment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back