Show request

runningmt

Huge fan of the show, so in my request I’m just suggesting something I would find enjoyment in.

I would love to see the camera crew more often caught on camera in the show. I’m not involved in any facet of TV or film production, but I’m sure the crew does a ton of interesting things to make the show look the way it does, I believe people would get a kick out of seeing them incorporated into the show. Not only film, but some banter or even have them hand the camera to Randy now and again.

Just a thought, and one more, my wife and I love it when shows compile blooper reels and put them at the end of the show, or heck, make a couple shows of trips, spills, misses, etc.

thx

One of my favorite episodes from one of the Bear Grylls series was like this. It was awesome to follow the production.

There is a rule of film called don't break the fourth wall. Interesting that so many enjoy seeing that aspect of hunt production.

Huge fan of the show, so in my request I’m just suggesting something I would find enjoyment in.

I would love to see the camera crew more often caught on camera in the show. I’m not involved in any facet of TV or film production, but I’m sure the crew does a ton of interesting things to make the show look the way it does, I believe people would get a kick out of seeing them incorporated into the show. Not only film, but some banter or even have them hand the camera to Randy now and again.

Just a thought, and one more, my wife and I love it when shows compile blooper reels and put them at the end of the show, or heck, make a couple shows of trips, spills, misses, etc.

thx
LOL. Some of them will have a lot of bleeps from what I seen, especially a reel with Larry. I am betting Randy was saying some rather colorful words in that episode where he sat on the cactus. I have done that before trying to stalk antelope so I got an idea what I would say. LOL

With companies pushing so hard for content these days it seems like a lost opportunity not to include more bloopers and rough cuts as extended episodes. It would be much more interesting than the random ice fishing and packrat content filler. I appreciate all the hunting content provided.

With companies pushing so hard for content these days it seems like a lost opportunity not to include more bloopers and rough cuts as extended episodes. It would be much more interesting than the random ice fishing and packrat content filler. I appreciate all the hunting content provided.
Agreed, there’s most likely tons of footage just waiting to be edited.

I’m sure I’m not alone when I say to the hell with the Hollywood hunter actors. Randy and the crew film hunting as hunting actually is for the majority of us. Fare chase public land and not some high priced game farm with hormone fed game.
Keeping it real is what appeals to me and many others. I don’t know of any other show that promotes the consumption of donuts like Randy does. Saying you don’t like donuts is like saying you don’t like bacon.

Keeping it real is what appeals to me and many others.

I agree 100%.

I saw the Wyoming Pronghorn episode from season 7 where the camera guy shook Randy's hand from behind the camera. Thinking about the 'fourth wall' above, it was a small part of the show, but the one I remembered the most.

I also love it when Randy credits his camera guys for finding animals first, having side conversations with them, or laughing with them even when it's at his expense. There are many insecure TV personalities and it takes the most secure to be able to do this.

Oh yeah..check out Marcus' paddlefishing episode. Watching him laugh about the concept of 'snagging' paddlefish was a hoot.

I like the episode in season 4 where Randy is hunting elk and the camera man starts telling him what to do. He's literally telling him to run and pushing him from behind.

I did also see a time lapse clip somewhere in that season where it looks like the crew was helping cut up an elk. I'm sure they end up packing meat a lot.

Recutting then splicing episodes so show the evolution of the hunter over the seasons by species. Sure, the gear sponsors change but otherwise the tactics and preparation for the hunt likely improve.

I find hearing bull elk bugle as as exciting and memorable as anything during my various hunts so just a video showing the sequences of elk bugling would be my equivalent of a free DQ treat.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back