Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Shout out to Leupold.

Sent in an old 9x28 gold ring bino’s that wouldn’t adjust anymore. Leupold just called and said they no longer offer those, so I can choose between several others they currently offer. No strings attached. Service was second to none.
Yeah, love my Leupold's...they are top notch! Just today ordered a VX-Freedom 3-9x 50 Firedot 177228 for my muzzleloader. I have one on my Featherweight .308, and like it a lot. This will be the 6th different scope on my muzzleloader including Nikon, Bushnell, Vortex, and other Leupold's, and hopefully this will be the last one. I have 7 Leupold's now, everything from VX-Freedom's to VX-5HD's, no complaints from me.

Last edited:
Are you the original owner? What all did you need to do for the warranty?

Leupold makes non-gun-mounted optics in Asia. We know. They still make damn good product, and they stand behind it.

Find for me please another US Based optics company that does 10% of the US Manufacturing the Leupold does. I'll wait.

Trijicon?

In all seriousness, I'm not trying to start any tension. No idea Leupold was made in China, parts of their products anyway.

Trijicon?

In all seriousness, I'm not trying to start any tension. No idea Leupold was made in China, parts of their products anyway.
Most of the rifle scopes are still US made, the rest of their optics are primarily made in China . I recently found this out after purchasing a new Leupold spotter, really surprised me.

All of my Trijicon rifle scopes are made in Japan, I have no problem buying Japanese optics.

Most of the rifle scopes are still US made, the rest of their optics are primarily made in China . I recently found this out after purchasing a new Leupold spotter, really surprised me.

All of my Trijicon rifle scopes are made in Japan, I have no problem buying Japanese optics.
Wow. That's some $hit then. I'd rather buy Japan than china as well.

Edit: missed the "vast majority" part.
Screenshot_20221215-194514.png

Sent in an old 9x28 gold ring bino’s that wouldn’t adjust anymore. Leupold just called and said they no longer offer those, so I can choose between several others they currently offer. No strings attached. Service was second to none.
I knew a guy in Alaska that found a Leupold scope in a river up there. It was trashed but he sent it in anyway. Leupold replaced it free of charge. Customer service is the most important thing any company has to sell!

I lost the windage dial cover for my vx5. Have no idea where it went They are just sending me a new one. They are a solid company. That's why I have like 10 of their scopes.

Amen Brother! I have/had many different scopes including some top end ones...Zeiss, Swarovski, Leica, etc., but always end up coming back to Leupold.

Are you the original owner? What all did you need to do for the warranty?
This is what made it all the more fantastic service. I found them on the road about 25 years ago. Just got online and searched Leupold warranty. Says right on their site, doesn’t matter if you’re the original owner or have a receipt. They’ll let you know what to do on their website. I paid to ship them with some paperwork I printed out.

This is what made it all the more fantastic service. I found them on the road about 25 years ago. Just got online and searched Leupold warranty. Says right on their site, doesn’t matter if you’re the original owner or have a receipt. They’ll let you know what to do on their website. I paid to ship them with some paperwork I printed out.
And every Vortex guy acts like the warranty they have is unbeatable. mtmuley

A couple of months ago the scope on my.22 was getting blurry. I put it on new about 45 years ago. I sent it to Leupold and they replaced it. Very quick service too.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back