Caribou Gear

Shout out to Leupold.

And every Vortex guy acts like the warranty they have is unbeatable. mtmuley
I knew it was only a matter of time until someone brought vortex into it 🙄

Smash your leupold scope with a hammer and send it back and see what they do.
They need it
Up to 8 vortex scopes/binos/spotters between my wife and I, and still never sent anything in for warranty. 9 items if you count the Christmas present that's still in the box.

Also 2 Leupold 3-9x40s that haven't ever been in for warranty either, but if I drop those and break them, odds are they aren't going to help.

I knew it was only a matter of time until someone brought vortex into it 🙄

Smash your leupold scope with a hammer and send it back and see what they do.

Up to 8 vortex scopes/binos/spotters between my wife and I, and still never sent anything in for warranty. 9 items if you count the Christmas present that's still in the box.

Also 2 Leupold 3-9x40s that haven't ever been in for warranty either, but if I drop those and break them, odds are they aren't going to help.
I've used the Leupold warranty on a scope I broke. I know what they do. I just don't care for Vortex. None of it. I think their optics are low quality. mtmuley

It didn't take this thread long to go from "Shout out to Leupold" to, "Shouting at Leupold."
I guess the only answer now is NF.

I wouldnt be generic with the term"asia". Huge diiference between chinese glass and japanese glass.
What if a Optic that was made in Japan has glass elements sourced from China? Just because it says made in Japan doesn't mean it is a 100% Japanese optic. I get it, Japan is not commie like China but as far as optical performance goes I bet few would pass a blind test of a top end Chinese scope VS a top end Japanese scope. Look through an Athlon Ares riflescope side by side with a Trijicon made in Japan and get back to me with the results. The difference comes with the internals other than the glass. I know some Chinese scope manufactures purchase erector parts from Japan because of the QC for those items. Before this was done the Chinese scopes never tracked well or held a zero. Some think that Schott glass is the best made for scopes, but did you know Schott has 3 production facilities in China? Huh? Can't be

What if a Optic that was made in Japan has glass elements sourced from China? Just because it says made in Japan doesn't mean it is a 100% Japanese optic. I get it, Japan is not commie like China but as far as optical performance goes I bet few would pass a blind test of a top end Chinese scope VS a top end Japanese scope. Look through an Athlon Ares riflescope side by side with a Trijicon made in Japan and get back to me with the results. The difference comes with the internals other than the glass. I know some Chinese scope manufactures purchase erector parts from Japan because of the QC for those items. Before this was done the Chinese scopes never tracked well or held a zero. Some think that Schott glass is the best made for scopes, but did you know Schott has 3 production facilities in China? Huh? Can't be
I wonder about the glass. Some years back I was looking into camera glass. I found out that at that time most the worlds glass was made by just a few lens maker's Lieca being one of them. Nikon on the other hand made their own glass in Japan. I suspect the feeling would be Lieca makes the best glass in the world, maybe they do. But, I guarantee you that most likely if We took the same exact photo processed the same way and is not at all and showed them to a hundred different photographer's not one could pick out the Nilon glass photo. You see all they have to determe quality in their own eyes. So it's not about best but rather about what the individual see's and it isn't always the best!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back