Shout out to Knives of Alaska

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20812

I broke my knife quartering an elk this year. I have a moral compass when it comes to warranty work, and this easily fit in that, so I retuned the knife with a warranty request.

This arrived yesterday

CAF6BA9D-F869-4A97-BD56-074BC78D0C08.jpeg

I’m impressed.

JLS, which one is that. I went on line and there are several levels of alpha wolf ?

I have an Alpha-Wolf in D2 steel, the edge retention is very, very good. Nice to see their customer service is solid as well.

I've used a 'Steelheader' for field boning a couple of times. It works well, the blade could be a bit stiffer for ungulates - but it's technically a fillet knife....

@JLS

In what way did the knife break? Handle fall off? Edge chip out? Tip break off?

Would you say it was a design flaw, low quality material, or a QC issue?

I have always heard good things about KOA, just wondering what happened.

Crazy small world as I broke my Knives of alaska elk hunter knife this year cutting a Bulls head off. Anyway, on my way home from the hunt my truck was broken into in Rapid City South Dakota and my pack KUIU which contained my knives was stolen from the truck in the motel parking lot! So I lost all my knives and my pack.

I have two of them. I find them extremely hard to sharpen. Not sure if they are super hard steel or what. Any suggestions?

Both look like that. One has an orange handle and one has a black handle.

I have two of them. I find them extremely hard to sharpen. Not sure if they are super hard steel or what. Any suggestions?

Yes, D2 steel is hard to sharpen. I always touch mine up with a steel and it is good to go.

@JLS

In what way did the knife break? Handle fall off? Edge chip out? Tip break off?

Would you say it was a design flaw, low quality material, or a QC issue?

I have always heard good things about KOA, just wondering what happened.

I was cutting the head off a bull. I wasn’t leveraging the knife, just working down into the cervical joint and it snapped at the base of the blade. I really think it was just a fluke? I’ve had the knife for 10 years and broken down a lot of critters with it.

I run it through my Work Sharp and it comes out like a scalpel.

Crazy small world as I broke my Knives of alaska elk hunter knife this year cutting a Bulls head off. Anyway, on my way home from the hunt my truck was broken into in Rapid City South Dakota and my pack KUIU which contained my knives was stolen from the truck in the motel parking lot! So I lost all my knives and my pack.
Where were you parked when that happened?

I was cutting the head off a bull. I wasn’t leveraging the knife, just working down into the cervical joint and it snapped at the base of the blade. I really think it was just a fluke? I’ve had the knife for 10 years and broken down a lot of critters with it.
Thats how I broke mine!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back