Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Shoulders Suck

My daughter at age 12 used a 42 lb bow and got a complete pass through. Muzzy three blade, 20 yds. With a 70 lb bow, I don't imagine you can turn it down to less than 60. Borrow someone's lighter bow somewhere in the 45-60 lb range and try it. Or ask someone if you can shoot theirs to try it. Good luck

Well, I'm about 3 weeks in on PT at this point and it's made noticeable progress. I've been on an anti-inflammatory since then too. The Dr. made a comment that there seemed to be so much inflammation that it was a little hard to tell what all might be wrong. Now that's mostly cleared up, the PT-ist says it's both a rotator cuff and a labrum tear, but she says I should be able to get back much improved functionality with out surgery, including bowhunting at a lower draw weight.

So, onward and upward. 👍

Life is busy and I just don't want to mess with it. One more place to be while trying to work and get 3 kids to and from school and all their activities. Just more hassle.

I think I'll give it whirl though.
my bow limbs are 70-80 and lowest I can crank is 68 pounds, I be at 62-24 pounds if I could and will whenever buy a new bow. You talk about being busy, well limited practicd time and 70 pounds are a terrible mix especially since you are injured. crank it down and sight it in again is best suggestion for the bow part of your problem.

Well, I'm about 3 weeks in on PT at this point and it's made noticeable progress. I've been on an anti-inflammatory since then too. The Dr. made a comment that there seemed to be so much inflammation that it was a little hard to tell what all might be wrong. Now that's mostly cleared up, the PT-ist says it's both a rotator cuff and a labrum tear, but she says I should be able to get back much improved functionality with out surgery, including bowhunting at a lower draw weight.

So, onward and upward. 👍
Nice! I just started PT for constant shoulder soreness, and got amazing feedback on general body alignment.

My PT is also my friends wife, and scary smart so we will see.

I feel for you guys. Sometimes I take my lucky good health for granted. I'm turning seventy soon but still managed to shovel out this mess in an afternoon two days ago. Very heavy stuff. That's the front half of the driveway. Back end already finished. It was very warm yesterday and then in the deep freeze last night so that wet snow is now hard as granite! I solo dragged my buck just over a mile last fall. The landowner helped us put it on top of my Jimmy. He asked where I shot it and I showed him on BMA map. "You're nuts!" My brother laughed. "That's old news." Yep, I am very lucky. Good genes I guess. I have a gymn membership but have rarely used it the last two years.20220324_131032.jpg20220324_141526.jpg20220324_164210.jpg

I feel for you guys. Sometimes I take my lucky good health for granted. I'm turning seventy soon but still managed to shovel out this mess in an afternoon two days ago. Very heavy stuff. That's the front half of the driveway. Back end already finished. It was very warm yesterday and then in the deep freeze last night so that wet snow is now hard as granite! I solo dragged my buck just over a mile last fall. The landowner helped us put it on top of my Jimmy. He asked where I shot it and I showed him on BMA map. "You're nuts!" My brother laughed. "That's old news." Yep, I am very lucky. Good genes I guess. I have a gymn membership but have rarely used it the last two years.View attachment 216705View attachment 216704View attachment 216703
Thanks, afer seeing those pics, I don't mind that its flurrying out.
Load limits should come off our roads Monday.
Sorry, veered off the tread

So, onward and upward. 👍
Great to hear! My sister and her husband are both PT’s and they have helped me with all sorts of pain just by various stretches I do on my own.

Just remember this one:
What’s the difference between a therapist and a terrorist? —you can negotiate with a terrorist. PT’s love that one!

Keep at it Brian!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HUNT7503
Back