Should I buy a Beretta Mato?

I was searching around and saw your post so I joined the Forum. I too am a 7mm Mato owner and thought I'd share. I was looking to update my 7mm mag from the wood stocked model 70 I've hunted with for 40 years. not that it still didn't perform but hunting styles change and the 70 was like putting a sling on a cinder block. Mine came from an Estate, brand new in the case and box. I'm long necked so before the first shot I had it fitted. Mounted Tally rings and FFP Vortex Viper 4x16 and took to the range where it shot tight 3 inch groups with any factory ammo that I felt suitable for Elk. So I thought I had made a huge mistake and talked to the gunsmith I'd been blessed with for years, his input was the Walther barrels had a reputation for taking a long time to break in and he wanted to take it apart and play with it. After truing the action and resetting the now threaded barrel and compensator it was back to the range. Story short after 150 rounds of break in therapy it was grouping and now shoots Hornady 163gr factory ammo at 1/2 MOA and rings steel to 1000 yds. Backpacking it and carrying it is night and day from the model 70, I couldn't be happier if I had spent 3 times for a custom stick. I found that Midwest has a slew of parts. Want to investigate changing over the unobtainable magazine (Dakota will laugh at you if you ask for one) to a floorplate and spring and considering a 375 H&H barrel for future fun. Hope you got yours up and going!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back