Should CO Full Limited for Elk ?

Any consideration to make OTC in Colorado like the general tags in Wyoming or Montana with caps? Residents can still purchase OTC, but NR have to apply. I realize Colorado won't do that because they love NR fees more than they love weed taxes.
I've stipulated that both here in post #111 above (but where it won't have an effect on CPW unless they are lurking on HT) and in direct communications to the commission (where it may have similar non-effect, but at least has been seen by people who could do something).

I think it's an excellent way to start to address crowding (real or perceived), resource management (allows better data-driven decision making and if coupled with other changes like harvest reporting methods, improves quality of said data also), and potentially (though doubtful) point creep, but still allows a lot of flexibility for hunters.

There are 'tentacles' to that approach that would need a lot of framework re-design, but it doesn't seem on the surface that there are huge hurdles outside of 'but we've always done it this way'

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back