Caribou Gear

Shotguns

How you doing Funter? I shoot the gun you speak of. I have had it for 4 years and am fairly happy with it. The one disappointment I had was that it started to jam up on me last year. It was fine as long as I oiled the recoil mechanism after every outing, but that got a bit old.

There is no way to access the recoil spring and I could only spray oil down one end and clean up the rusty oil that came out the other end. I don't think that this is common with all M-1's since I really treated this one tough. Not unusual for it to fall into the mud and be submerged in some nasty pond water on every outing.

Last year I broke down and purchased an after-market stainless steel recoil system and it has worked flawlessly.

I love the easy tear down and easy cleaning. I give this gun **** out of *****.
smile.gif

The only other downside is that it doesn't hit everything it is aimed at. It may be my fault, but I like to blame it on the gun.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

mtmiller,

Diong good how about you?
Thanks for the in put. Have you visited the web site? I got the impression that the recoil system was new for this year,I may be wrong.We dont have much mud or water for me to drop it in here in AZ. I found one for $830 here in town and as soon as I can I think I will go get it.
smile.gif

P.S. Dont know if anyones told you but you take some really cool Pics.

Tim

I have a Benelli M1 Field. I have hunted with this gun, shot sporting clays with it and not 1 time has the gun jammed. I have fired the gun probably 1,200 times.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back