Caribou Gear

Shot in the dark.. Region 7 access

Jon Boy

I know its very late in the season to be looking for access for goats but figured I'd throw a line out..

My uncle is coming out next weekend from Washington and has very limited mobility. He currently has terminal sarcoma. I hadn't bothered looking for access until now as I was told he probably wouldnt be well enough to make the trip.

But as luck would have it he just filled his Washington state moose tag, got pulled for an alternate MT deer tag, and has a 700 antelope tag in his pocket and feels well enough to make it out!

Him and his brother will be staying in miles city from the 25th-30th looking for goats and a deer on public land.

I know I'm not much of an active poster any more but if anyone has a decent line on some where a guy can get around in a vehicle and see goats relatively close I'd appreciate it, I'd never ask for myself but things are a bit different in this situation. I'm a carpenter by trade and would be willing to trade work or shell out some cash to give my uncle one good last hunt before he goes.

Thanks a bunch
Jon

Stop in at the FWP Region 7 headquarters on the west end of Miles City. They are very helpful and will provide you with maps and information about that area. Custer and Prairie Counties hold a lot of public land, as well as many Block Management Areas, some with good road access and open country conducive to successful hunting for someone with mobility limitations.
Good hunting and have a great time!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back